Here is just a small sampling of NEW titles from the Dover Free Library's Teen Collection for your summer reading:
Nonfiction: "Tim Tebow: Through My Eyes" - FOOTBALL! (and this may be the best you get this year)
Series Continuation: "Killer Pizza: The Slice" - Book Two of this Funny and Suspenseful Monster Book
Fantasy: "Chronicles of Nick: Infinity" - More monsters at 14-yr-old, Nick's High School, yikes!
Realistic Fiction: "Girl v. Boy" by Yvonne Colling - Yep, it's the battle of the sexes
Romance: "Tiger's Curse" by Colleen Houck - Better than "Twilight"!? You judge. No vamps, lots of tigers.
I read "The Cinderella Society". I found this book very good. It was all about how highschool plays out, but in a fun, enchanting way. It showed how there were three groups, the reggies (regular kids) the cindys (popular nice heroines) and the wickeds (mean populars). I would reccomend this book to any teenage girl because it is relatable to what we all go through at some point in schooling. If u are homeschooled it really gives u a sense of what social status is like in highschool. It is a really great book!
ReplyDelete-Aizlyn
i read "Quad". This was one of the best action/mystery books that I have read. It was about 6 different social groups that got stuck in a school store together with a shooter outside. They all had a friend from their social group on the outside and it was really fun and unpredictable to try and figure out who the shooter was. I would reccomend this to boys and girls because its a great book that kept me on edge and I didnt want to put it down. It is also a relatively easy read.
ReplyDelete-Aizlyn
Great job Aizlyn, I got your blogs for Quad and Cinderella Society. I'm tempted to read Quad. Your name is entered twice.--Tamara H.
ReplyDeleteI read "The Boy In The Striped Pajamas". This book was written very well. It was confusing at some points because it was from the perspective of a 9 year old boy who really had no idea what was going on. People were treated with the harshest disrespect for no reason from Bruno's point of view. But the most surprising part of the book was when Hitler came for dinner! This read was for more mature readers, as the end was very sad and brought tears to my eyes. I recommend this book to anybody who loves a great read about Hitler and WWII.
ReplyDelete-Morrow B.
i just finished reading "Among The Hidden". This page turner kept you in suspense throughout the whole book. You kept thinking that Luke was going to get caught running over to Jens house!!! It seems as if the rules are a little bent about the child limit. It is such a great book good though. I reccomend this book for people who love suspense stories about children. It was a fairly easy read, allthough there are somewhat large vocabulary words. An amazing read and I cant wait to finish the series!!!
ReplyDelete-Morrow B.
Nice job Morrow B.! "Among the Hidden" is nearly a classic. It's popularity has remained steady over the years. Which just goes to prove that a good book is still a great read no matter how long it's been around. Thanks for reminding me. I've entered this blog into the drawing contest which brings your total entries to two. --Tamara H. , the librarian.
ReplyDeleteI read "Maniac Magee". Of course Jerry Spinelli did amazing job with this book. It shows all the problems with racism, mistreatment, and just the early problems of how most people saw their lives. This was a very strong story about a child who was extraordinary at almost everything he did. He was clueless about all the problems that the world had. He just lived his life the way that he wanted to. This was an amazing story and loved the plot. I reccommend this book to any age reader!
ReplyDelete-Morrow B.
Okay, I've got Maniac Magee down for you Morrow, I now have three entries in the box with your name on them. Keep reading! --Tamara, the librarian
ReplyDelete